Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Stitchy Update, RAK, and A Little New Stash

It has been awhile since I gave you a stitching update.  Retreat and a new grandbaby didn't bring my stitching to a halt, just a temporary slow down :)
 
I pulled out my neglected 2012 Sal Sopresa awhile back.
Here is my before picture-
 

Here is my after picture-


It's not finished, but I'm making progress.


I've acquired some more new stash.  Thank heaven I didn't sign up for the Stitch From Stash Challenge this year.  I would be a big failure already!
 
It is a kit by the Purple Thread. Purple Thread is a new designer to me.  This is an adorable needlebook and scissor fob in a decorated paper mache box that I hope I can reuse eventually.


Finish #1-the needlebook to go in my Tea Time Basket. 
 
 Confession Time- I love the mosaic stitch in needlepoint projects.  It is very versatile, looks great in the diagonal, and makes a beautiful texture.  But I put in lots of mosaic stitch with silk threads on my Tea Time Basket and from 2 feet away it looks exactly the same to me as a plain ole cross stitch. So I am using more cross stitch and less mosaic stitch on this project.


Finish #2-The May block for my Wooly Good Year Quilt


Finish #3 & 4-2 more blocks for my Red Home quilt


Last, but definitely not least, I received a RAK in the mail!  Some cute cross stitchable trim, floss, Made with Love charms, and some needles.   There was no return address and I'm embarrassed to admit I can't read the name signed on the card!  I think it is Marlene???  So, if it was you,  Thank You So Much! It came as a total surprise and it touches my heart that you took the time to send it :)
 
Finally, an update on my ebay selling business- I am getting lots and lots of really great items from de-stashing sellers.  It is slow going right now, but I hope to be able to get more items up real soon.  If you want to watch my listings click HERE.

16 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love your 2012 Sal Sopresa!

Barb said...

Teresa, Sal Sopresa is just beautiful. I love all the little motifs! Other projects look great! I will check your ebay listings.

Margaret said...

Beautiful, everything is lovely! I do love that SAL Sopresa especially!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching ..all your projects are so cute❤️
Big hugs x

Thoeria said...

Oh that's definitely more than just a little progress! Love the new stash and well done on all the finishes :)

Chris said...

Great update! Gorgeous progress on the SAL. Lovely new stash and such a sweet RAK. I love your current header pic too!

Vickie said...

I hope you are able to figure out for sure your sender of the RAK. :)
I see I am not alone in loving SAL Sopresa.

Natasha said...

Wow! I would say you are moving along nicely on that SAL. Beautiful so far. Love the new stash.

I am a member of the Stich from stash group. It has been a bit of a challenge for me especially when I see su many beautiful patterns. What was I thinking LOL

Wishing you a happy Wednesday.

Jan said...

First time I've gotten to see 'Sopresa' a very pretty pattern from what I can see so far. Very nice progress.

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've made fantastic progress on your SAL and congrats on your finishes.

Poppypatchwork said...

Glad you liked the parcel, just a little something from my recent giveaway. I must learn to write so people can read it xxx

Monica said...

Very cool project. I'm with you on the Stitch from the Stash. Glad I didn't join. I would have been kicked out by now, hahaha.

Anne said...

Wonderful progress on your SAL Sopresa. Great new stash additions too! Lovely surprise RAK from Marlene!!

Giovanna said...

Beautiful work on everything!

Annette-California said...

WOW! Incredible progress you made on Sopresa! Stunning!!ooooh pretty new stash! Very lovely stitching on all your blocks and the needle keep!
love Annette

Beth in IL said...

Love the new project. And the grandbaby!!!