Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

New DMC Overdyed Thread #127 & Stitchy Update

I saw in the JCS January issue that they are celebrating their 30th anniversary with a new mystery sampler. DMC has made a limited edition overdyed blue thread #127 for that sampler. I don't know how long it will be available but I haven't seen it mentioned much on blogs, so here is the color. I won't be stitching the JCS sampler but this thread will look fantastic in just about anything!
 

 
 
Here is what is happening here stitching-wise-


2013 Grills de Maryse SAL
Month 3 is completed.
Mystery chocolate-cherry linen and Gloriana's Fresh Snow silk thread
 
I should clarify on this piece. It is not my first ever monochromatic piece.  I have done a monochromatic ornament-the cute Milady's Needle one I stitched last year for the sampler guild ornament exchange. And I did a BBD pin cushion in all one color.   But this project is my first large project all in one color.
 


Goode Huswife
Sarah Seifer
28ct mystery linen
Called for DMC threads
 
The Northwest sampler guild has voted on a new challenge for 2013.  It is to complete a sampler-he,he,he :)
  Oh, if they only knew how many I have ready to go!  It won't be long before Sarah is complete! I am already trying to decide if I want to stitch her border or not.  I'm going to find a frame and let that make the decision for me.  If there is room in the frame, I'll stitch the border.  If not, no border.


Scarlet Letter
Mary Ann Hutton
36ct cream linen
Called for DMC and Soie d'Alger threads
 
I wanted to do this one with threads from stash.  So I pulled the silks that I already had and filled out the rest of the threads with the DMC.


Christmas at Hollyberry Farm
Stacy Nash
35 ct natural linen
Called for GAST threads
 
This one has been so hard to put down.  I'm still bogged down with finishing the white on the house.  The roof is nearly complete.  After that I'll ready to flip this over and finish stitching upside down.
 
Gardening season is commencing.  I'm uncovering my raised beds and getting a plan put together.  It's time to start my tomato seeds and see if I can get any tomatoes this year from them.  
 
Have a great weekend all!

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Whew! You sure have a lot going on at one time for this one-stitch-at-a-time girl. ;)

Giovanna said...

Lots of WIPs, and they're all wonderful!

Laurie in Iowa said...

You have lovely projects in the works.

Barb said...

I do love your WIPS. I have that Hollyberry Farm chart. After seeing how pretty yours looks I think I'll have to do that one, white house and all.

cucki said...

sweet wip's..
big hugs x

Margaret said...

So many pretty WIPs! Nice!

Kate said...

Beautiful stitching. Enjoy that blue thread.

Beth in IL said...

Very pretty pieces. You are very busy.

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - wonderful projects! Love that blue color!