Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Sampler Guild Tea and More Stitching!

There has been stitching going on at my house.
Here is the latest-
 

Birds of a Feather
Night Before Christmas
1998 JCS Christmas Ornament issue
 
I finished the 2nd one of these (on the right). I kinda like the larger ornament better. I like the pale blue background and I think it is easier to see.


Stacy Nash
Chrismas at Hollyberry Farm (pic is clickable)
35 ct natural linen
Called for threads
 
This is several days work on this sampler.  Just love this border!  The house is going to take a few more days of work.
 
Yesterday was the annual Northwest Sampler Guild Tea.  The theme was houses.  I took DD#1 and we had a great time!  Here is our table with our favor bags.


Here is what was in the favor bags-a little house with a scoop and an opening roof. And a pattern to cover the house with stitching and 1 each cotton/silk skein of thread.


Here is the example of what the little house will look like-


And the other side--


What a spread of goodies!


The tea table--


 
Examples of stitching done this year (many with houses)--



Some of my favorites--someone was thinking out of the box on this one below!


Another view of the inside and some smalls of Miss Hannah's House designed by Carolyn Standing Webb- lovely!!


There were two examples of the Sally Munro sampler and I loved them both!


 
 
DD#1 stitched the Love One Another below-
 
 
 
Here we are--


Our guest speaker was Amy Mitten.  What a lovely lady and she brought examples of her own designs or reproductions for us to admire.  She also taught 2 classes.







Finally, I want to invite you to visit a new blog by Kim.  It is Wisdom With Needle and Thread.  And she has already posted a free pattern of one of her own designs!  Check her out.

17 comments:

cucki said...

Wow wow wow I just love everything..lovely stitching and sweet stitches..
Big hugs x

Catherine said...

Looks like a fabulous time ~ thanks for sharing!

Kay said...

You must have had a wonderful time. I love to see other people's work as it is so inspiring.

Linda said...

What great pics. Looks like you had a great time.

Linda

Laurie in Iowa said...

What fun! Thanks for sharing all the lovely stitching photos with us.

Margaret said...

I love your stitching! And the guild tea -- wow! Looks like so much fun! Love seeing all the pics. Love Amy Mitten and her work. Never met her in person, but I love what she does! What is that last piece in the last pic? Love it!

Barb said...

Looks like fun, so many beautiful designs!

Annette-California said...

Absolutely marvelous!!! Gorgeous stitching projects. Oh I loved seeing everything. Beautiful tea laid out for your guild. Thank you for sharing all the great photos. What a beautiful photo of you and your daughter. love Annette

Thoeria said...

What an absolutely gorgeous event!!! And the gift bag!! And all that stitching!!! And the treats! Just sems like so much fun!

Donna said...

Fun!!! Did you take a class with Amy?

Giovanna said...

Oh wow... I wish I could have seen all those Amy Mittens - gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn NC said...

What fun at the tea! And all those beautiful finishes - a talented and creative bunch of stitchers. Love your finishes and progress, too - both look good to me, though I do see what you mean about the pale blue. :)

SoCal Debbie said...

Your two Night Before Christmas finishes look great. I also like the light blue fabric. Thank you for sharing so many wonderful pics from your Sampler Guild!

valerie said...

Wow, looks like you all had a wonderful time! Love those Sally Munros...stunning! Your BOAF ornies are so cute. I really like it on the light blue linen too. Will need to remember that for when I get around to stitching my own. Your daughter's "Love One Another" is lovely. :)

Emma/Itzy said...

looks like a lot of fun and thanks for the blog recommendation!

Siobhán said...

Your guild sounds like a lot of fun. To see Amy Mitten's work in person must have been amazing. I'm drooling over that last sampler! Wow. I love it. Great job on the BOAF ornaments, too--that's one of my favorites.

Nicola said...

Thank you so much Teresa for posting all these gorgeous photos. I have really enjoyed studying them, so many i want to stitch.

It must be great fun to attend one of these events, I would love to.

I have had a look at Kim's blog and signed up to follow.