Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Family Ornament Exchange & Advent Exchange Days 1 &2

 
Here is the result of our 1st (I hope annual) Christmas ornament exchange.  Four beautifully done ornaments and I think everyone was happy with the ornament they received. 
I know I was.
Top left is the BBD Crowning the Tree ornament I made for DD#1
Top right is the freebie ornament DD#1 made for me
Bottom left is the Lizzie Kate ornament DD#2 made for DD#3
Bottom right is the freebie you might recognize from Primitive Hare that DD#3 made for DD #2.
 
 

Here we all are holding our ornaments.  DD#3 is recovering from strep throat and was asleep on the couch.  So we let Amber show her mom's new ornament :) DD #1 is on the left.  DD#2 is in the middle.


Here is Day 1 and Day 2 of my Advent exchange with Lorrie from A Stitcher's Snippets.  Lorrie sent me 2 magazines I have been looking for with a beautiful Merry Cox design in them.  (I am on a little Merry Cox kick right now :)  And, as usual, she is a step ahead of me with a container to store beads.  I need one!
Thank you, Lorrie! 
I didn't take a photo of everything I sent to you.  But I do have part of Day 1 and am anxiously watching for your post to see what you think!


 Blackbird Designs
Waiting for the Harvest
                                      

17 comments:

Vickie said...

Love Waiting For The Harvest.
What an awesome idea to have an ornament exchange with your daughters. If I can ever convince my 14 year old daughter to pick it up again, maybe we could do that some day. That would be so neat. http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Kaisievic said...

That is such a sweet idea - all of your ornies are gorgeous. I have just been looking at your slideshows of your finishes in past years - some really gorgeous stitching there.

cucki said...

Truly a very great idea..all your ornies are so cute...
Love for you x

Myra said...

How wonderful that you have a family of stitchers. Lovely ornaments all. Your BBD piece looks great!

Catherine said...

How fun that you all stitch and exchange ornaments!!
Love the BBD!

Margaret said...

Ok, that is so much fun that you all exchanged ornaments like that! What a great thing to do!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

What a wonderful tradition to start an annual ornament exchange. I'm looking forward to next years exchange.

Nicola said...

A beautiful family photo to treasure. I love the concept of a family exchange.

Barb said...

What a lovely family you have! Waiting for the Harvest is so pretty!

Cathy B said...

I think it is great that you and your daughter's stitched and exchanged ornaments with each other. What a neat idea!!!

Your first advent gift is pretty nifty! Next time Merry is at the Attic I will be there!

Lorrie said...

I love the family ornament exchange. What a wonderful idea! I'm getting ready to post about the Advent Exchange with a couple of tidbits about your gifts. LOVE MINE!

Chris said...

The ornaments are lovely.
And your Christmas exchange is lovely too, such fun!!
I love the Waiting For The Harvest piece.
Have a great week!

Giovanna said...

What a talented family - all the ornaments are gorgeous. Love the BBD ornament too.

Carol said...

How lucky you are to be surrounded by stitchers in your family, Teresa--everyone's ornaments look wonderful!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a sweet idea to do an exhcange among you girls in the family! And they all are cute as buttons!

Siobhán said...

What a fun idea to do an ornament exchange between the girls in the family! I need to mention that to my daughters. I keep asking my younger daughter, who is great at crochet, to do some snowflake garland for me, but so far no go. Love the way you did the Waiting for the Harvest!

*-* said...


What wonderful stitching eye candy.
I really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful ornaments & samplers. Lovely photo of you & family, I hope your daughter has now recovered.
Kay.