Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

2 More 2012 Finishes, Advent Xchg Update & More Viewing Pleasure

Christmas is getting close!
The tree is up and decorated.  The gifts are wrapped and under it.  The Christmas menu has been decided on and I am cooking the turkey, dressing, deviled eggs, and a sheet cake.  My 3 girls are filling in and around and are such a big help! Easy to see why I enjoy holidays so much more now than 20 years ago when all the cooking was mine to do :)
 
Here is what I have been doing stitching-wise--
 

The final piece of Merry Cox's So Dear to Thy Heart-the box lid- is finished!  Now all that is required in 2013 is to finish-finish everything. Hmmm, hope that feeling comes over me soon!


Birds of a Feather
Soweth Sampler
32 ct scrap of mystery linen
Called for WDW threads
 
I started this one to work on when I'm away from my magnifier.  Left off the date and initials as I might use for a future exchange or gift.  It is a quick finish!


Here is the latest in my advent exchange with Lorrie from A Stitcher's Snippets-
 
Day 19 was four wonderful patterns from Grills de Maryse-love her designs and am already doing her 2012 and 2013 SAL's
 
Day 20 was a scissor keeper with a pair of beautiful scissors.  Lorrie said her dad made the scissor keeper.  Thank you, Lorrie's dad!
 
Day 21 was one of the "candles" from Etsy with a sampler on the outside.  I saw these on her blog several times but in person they are so pretty!  Can't wait to use it.
 
Day 22 is a beautiful needlebook with my initial handstitched on the front.  This large size is so much easier to find when it is buried in a project bag! I'm already using it.
 
Almost done with our exchange and I'm so glad we did it!  Hope you are too, Lorrie. :)
 
Finally more stitching for your viewing pleasure.  This was my final Christmas party of the season--my local ANG guild.  No ornament exchange this year, unfortunately.  But the tree at our hostess's house was FULL of inspiration!
Here are some examples-








Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my followers and readers!
 
I'll be doing a report next week on the end of my advent exchange and what stitching was accomplished in 2012 and what is coming up in 2013!

12 comments:

Margaret said...

I love your Merry Cox finish! Hope you get that finishing bug and finish all your beautiful class pieces. Love the Soweth piece as well! Beautiful tree and ornies at your ANG meeting hostess'!

Nicola said...

How wonderful to have daughters to share the preparation of your Christmas meal. I love all your stitching.

Lisa V said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

marly said...

Ohhhh that Cox finish will be beautiful. I love seeing trees in stitchery!

Cathy B said...

Can't wait to see your finished Merry Cox project. Your stitching is beautiful. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Barb said...

Mary Cox is so pretty. And so many lovely ornaments! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Catherine said...

Lovely stitching goodness! Have a Merry Christmas!

cucki said...

Super cute stitching..
And beautiful stitching goodies..
Love for you x

Annemarie said...

Ahh Merry Cox... gorgeous! As are your Christmas trees! Merry Christmas to you and yours :o)

Vickie said...

Wonderful! A Blessed, Merry Christmas to you!

Lorrie said...

This Advent Exchange has been the most amazing experience. I really thought I would have more trouble coming up with 24 gifts but it ended up being no trouble at all. I have had so much fun and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all my amazing gifts.

SoCal Debbie said...

The ornaments all over that tree are amazing! What an inspiration!