Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Northwest Sampler Guild Annual Retreat

This was my first retreat with the Northwest Sampler Guild.  Unbelieveably, I came down with a head cold about 2 days before it started.  So, of course, I spent the whole weekend, coughing, hacking and blowing my nose!  The ladies couldn't have been nicer and more understanding.  I sat in the corner and warned others to stay away :)  I certainly had a wonderful time and got  much accomplished stitching-wise.


Aury Designs
Patriotic Heart 2009
35 ct natural linen scrap
Misc threads from my stash

I took all smalls with me to work on.  This was my one and only finish of the weekend.  But here are the other smalls I started-


Top row (l-r) BBD Pumpkin Blossom Box and Pincushion, Northwest Sampler Guild nametag, The Sticherhood Merry Christmas ornament  Bottom row (l-r) Jardin Prive Carre d'Abeilles , and BBD Crowning the Tree ornament

I also took the BBD Pumpkin Blossom Needlecase but didn't have enough linen to stitch it and Aury's 2011 Patriotic Heart but didn't get to it either.

I also took 2 of my Crazy January Challenge and made some progress on both-


Sewing Chest Designs Pincushion Doll and Brightneedle Pretty in Pink

We also had a sweet bag exchange and here is the bag that I got-


A Quaker design stitched with an overdyed green thread. Loved the little scissor fob that came with it!  Here are some of the others-



I am always amazed at the stitching skills of my fellow members. Here is some of the show and share displayed-



This is the first time I have seen the Berlin Woolwork Sampler totally complete (on the right above).


A stitching casket-still incomplete-but wow!!


There were four of these samplers all completed and framed-sorry I forgot the name.



Did you notice the smalls on the table above?  Here is a better picture-


Yes, it is Betsy Morgan's smalls from the Inspiration magazine that I have been going on about ad nauseum!! Who thought I would actually be able to see and handle a complete set just when I want to start it??!  Jan Petersen did an absolutely gorgeous job-they are lined in ivory silk dupioni--even cuter than I expected :)

Only 2 more photos then I will stop-here is one of half of the workroom-


And I can't say enough about the favors!  After every meal we would come back to a "little" surprise-


First was a special folded cardstock ort container.
 Then a working pen with everything needed to complete a little tribute to the weekend (which I finished and put in the pen).
Then an adorable bird pad of paper which fit into the needle roll which came next.
Then a matching needlebook, a pair of scissors and a strawberry scissor fob. Don't forget the custom needle roll kit, printed paper award, and a package of needles and needle puller that I forgot to put in the photo.  Many of the goodies fit into the needle roll perfectly!

Oh, did I forget to mention that I won a door prize too??  A weekend that will be a hard act to follow-thanks, NWSG!

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh what beauty! Thanks for sharing. :)

Peggy Lee said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time (even though you had a nasty cold). Hope you are feeling better now though.
I really like your patriotic piece. I am always drawn to those. Beautiful work.
Gorgeous stitching on display...OH MY!!

Mindi said...

I'm so sorry you were sick for the retreat, but it sounds like you still had a great time. Congratulations on finishing Paradise Lost, its gorgeous!

Kaisievic said...

Sounds like a fabulous time - thanks for all the photos. Great stitching by everyone. Hope that you are over your cold by now.

mdgtjulie said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all, Teresa. Glad you enjoyed yourself, and thanks for sharing all the pics. Awesome!!

Margaret said...

Fantastic! Looks like a wonderful time, and I loooove seeing all the beautiful pieces! Wow! Love your Aury finish too!

Barb said...

My family has had that killer summer cold! Very nasty!Hope you are doing better! All the pictures were fun to see. Thanks for sharing them.

Parsley said...

Sorry you got sick. Loved seeing all the stitching.

Cathy B said...

Looks like you had an awesome weekend despite your cold. I always think it is such fun looking at everyone else's finishes!

I was able to snag a copy of that Inspirations magazine on eBay and hope to stitch that Betsy Morgan project real soon!

Deborah said...

Sounds like a great time. Your "treats" were lovely and the work everyone showed was fabulous.

Chris said...

Wow Teresa! it looks like you had an amazing weekend. I am so sorry that your cold put a little of a damper on it.
I love all the projects that you took to work on. The sweet bag exchange is wonderful. I love seeing all the different ones that everyone stitched.
Thanks for sharing all the needlework. What a talented group of stitchers.
Well ow you only have to wait 12 months for next year's retreat. i bet you can't wait :)
I hope that you are feeling better.

Kielrain said...

Sounds (and looks) like a great time. Sorry you were suffering from cold!

Maggee said...

Wow! So much to see! Congrats on finishing Paradise Lost! Hope you are feeling much better! Looks like your weekend was marvelous! Lots of talented stitchers! Gotta ask, who designed the Grandmother Sampler? Gotta have it! Hugs!

Veronica said...

What wonderful treasures! That sweet bag exchange you received is just so sweet ^.^ Love the photos you posted of all those beautiful samplers. How I wish I could have seen them in person.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Meari said...

Looks like a fun time! I loved seeing all the projects. That stitching casket is awesome.