Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

More Stitching, 2 Finishes, and Seminar has Started!


Here is what I decided to stitch on recently.  Due to the upcoming deadline for Christmas finishing I wanted to get this one completed-

Six Patchwork Stars Shimmering
Renaissance Designs Thirteen Days of Christmas series
Stitch Guide by Pamela Harding
Various threads with many Vineyard Silk substitutions by me :)

This is my Crazy January Challenge finish #8. The stitch guide was wonderful and had a really beautiful star-like background stitch.  I decided at the beginning of this series to let the background be a place to rest your eyes and it is basketweave. There are a few beads that I still need to apply.


Progress has been made on Sewing Chest Designs Pincushion Doll. I am using the called-for threads in this design, but moving them around as some of the colors are muted and hard to see on this fabric.


This is the beginning of Betsy Morgans large helix etui from my class in Spokane in May.  It is a Celtic cross stitch border.  My first time trying it.


Here is the progress on my first start for Merry Cox's classes. It is Le Nouveau Palais Royal. This is tiny work but going pretty fast. 

I have also started SAL Sopresa 2 but not enough done to warrant a picture this time.


I won the door prize at last weeks EGA meeting. Pretty nice, huh?


As the post title mentions, the Greater Pacific Region EGA seminar has begun in Tacoma, WA.  Here is my finished nametag. It was a hard decision but I am not taking any classes, merely volunteering and attending opening and closing banquets. 


Here is opening banquet. Our guild president was awarded a national Golden Acord award for her work in many different outreach programs.  Her primary outreach is with the Kissing Pillows for Soldiers.  She has spearheaded over 20,000 pillows being handed out to deployed soldiers at Fort Lewis/McChord in the past few years.  I'm off today to sell "opportunity basket" tickets as WA state does not allow raffles.

I will leave you with little Amber's big week. She is 5 months old today and getting rice cereal and starting on baby food. She is also loving her walker. They grow up so fast.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

be careful, once you get the roses done, the Sorpresa SAL gets pretty addictive.. I can tell! :D
happy xxx! we both have plenty to do!!
have fun lil Amber!

Margaret said...

I love seeing all your stitching! I'm still very envious about your Merry Cox class. Little Amber is adorable!!! They grow up way too fast, don't they?

Deb said...

You have some great projects going. I'm going to be interesting in your pincushion doll. I have a couple of those patterns (in fact, the designer is a member of my Sampler Guild). I keep telling myself that I'm going to make them, but always get hung up in my big projects.

Amber is adorable and yes, unfortunately, they grow up way too fast.

Maggee said...

LOVE the Patchwork Stars finish! Just beautiful! Looks like you have been very busy with many things, including Amber! Such is our lives! Hugs!

Cathy B said...

You are making good progress on your stitching, Teresa.

Amber is very cute!!!

Barb said...

Great WIPS and what an adorable little girl!

Veronica said...

Beautiful WiPs. Cool door prize you've won. That necklace is so cool. Amber is so adorable.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Giovanna said...

What a great set of WIPs - love the Merry Cox in particular.

Siobhán said...

Amber is a sweetie! Lovely progress on your WIPs!

Carol said...

I can't believe how big Amber has gotten, Teresa--she is so precious!!

Looks like a very active EGA organization you have out there. And that is so nice that your president was honored for her work.

Lovely stitching--looks like you have a wide variety of pieces in the works :)

Rachel Curtis said...

Lovley

Rachel x