Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stitching Retreat Part 1

It was about an hour and a half drive to Gold Bar, WA.  When I got there here were some of the tables that were set up.



First was a donated sampler stitched and designed by a guild member,  Roberta Montgomery. It was the winner of the Sampler division at ANG National Seminar in 2002. (I hope I have those details right).  It was eventually auctioned off for $1000!! 

Next were opportunity baskets. You could buy a ticket for $1 and drop it in the paper bag next to the item you want to win.  Then the winner is drawn from the tickets in the bag.

They were full of canvases, threads, fabric, goodies etc.

Next was a silent auction of many great items-


I see that I cut off the Lowery stand on the far right side of the table.  I won that item :)

There was also a pincushion exchange.  Here is the one I brought-


The lady who got my pincushion was Molly, the regional director of EGA. Talk about making me nervous!  But she was sweet and I hope she liked it-


I got this beautiful pincushion made by Nancy B.  She is the incoming new president of our guild-


Do you see the little rabbit and squirrel charms that are on top of the pincushion?

That is it for today.  More about retreat tomorrow.

6 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Your retreat looks like so much fun! I'm sure Molly loved the pincushion you made!

Birdie said...

Great pics. Thank you for sharing with us. I look forward to the next installment.

hugs
-missy-

Donna said...

You won a Lowery? Good for you!

Giovanna said...

Looks like great fun! That's a lovely needleroll you won.

Ruth said...

Oh I'm soooo jealous. It looks like you had great fun. Congrats on a grand retreat.

Shirlee said...

The retreat sounds like it was wonderful! So many neat things! Blessings, Shirlee