Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Back from Stitcher's Retreat!

The weather was sunny and warm (60's) in the daytime with only some wind. Definitely the best weather we have had in the 3 years I have been attending. I had ice on my windshield the first morning though :) Here is the Pacific Ocean when looking down the road from the cottage I stayed in.


Here is the ocean in my backyard-it looks blue in this picture instead of the normal grey. See the long shadows-it is 6:30 am.




Here we are hard at work on our projects. You can see some of the dining tables set up in the back. We stitched on one side of the room and ate on the other side.
The food was delish!




More stitching and socializing!




More stitching! Yes, there were 5 husbands there too.




Does this look like my plum blossom kimono? It is someone else's -she is further along than me! Can you believe that two women from my class are already finished with it? Wow!


Official stitching update coming up on the next post.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Glad you had a good time. I loved my first retreat last fall and am looking forward to going back next fall.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Margaret said...

Glad you had a good time!

Minz said...

Oh, how wonderful! All the frames where to tighten the fabric looks great. Are you made them by yourselves or can you buy them somewhere? Have seen only those little round ones here in Finland and it's not working properly in bigger works any more, 'cos it doesn't fit tightly on already stitched parts. That's the main reason, why all my work seem to be unfinished...

And lovely, that there's some hubbys enjoying the meeting and stitching as well. :)

Denise said...

Looks like some one had a wonderful time!

Had to smile at all of the yellow coats - seems everyone had the same one. (I Know strange thing to notice but...)

Nancy said...

Glad you had a good retreat! So nice to see men stitching too!

mdgtjulie said...

It looks like a good time was had by all. Can't wait to see your stitchy update!

Siobhán said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the retreat! It sounds like so much fun. I loved the pics!