Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Anna's Stocking Finished!

Blackbird Designs
Anna's Stocking
19 ct natural linen
DMC, WDW, and Crescent Colours #5 perle cottons

Another CJC finish! This one was so fun to stitch. I could see the fabric easily without my magnifier and that allowed me to stitch in bed. :)

I did make a few changes-the most obvious is the addition of 13 buttons from my stash. I didn't have the embellishment pack from SB. And I didn't have beads big enough for this either. So I used tiny buttons for the holly berries along the vine at the top and on the headband. I also used 3 sheep buttons on the bottom. But I also wanted to personalize this a little for me. So I took a charm off of my old charm bracelet (from junior high) and put it on the man's pennant at the bottom. (it is a snowman). I was missing 3 of the DMC #5 perle cottons in my stash, so I substituted them too.

I am taking this one to my local finisher. I saw a couple of these SB stockings last year that she finished and they looked fantastic! Luckily my local EGA mtg is this Saturday and I'll see her there.

Now, I need to pull out a large and a small start out of the Crazy January Challenges. I think BBD's Mystery Sampler is up next, but not sure about the small piece. I'll keep you posted! Have a great day!

14 comments:

Alice said...

Fabulous finish! I love those bitsy little buttons. And the sheep buttons! Adorable.

My Life In Stitches said...

What a great idea using your charms!

CalamityJr said...

I love the personalization on your gorgeous finish!

Christine said...

Well done on a fabulous finish, such a good idea to personalise it with your old charms

Myra said...

Gorgeous finish - love the changes and additions you made.

Anonymous said...

Love it, the buttons add so much. Can't wait to see it in person.

Cynthia

Ranae said...

That is going to be a beautiful stocking, love the little sheep

Anonymous said...

Love it! Can't wait to see the finished stocking!

Giovanna said...

Congratulations on this lovely finish!

Tatkis said...

Such a beautiful and cosy stocking! Great work!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Sue said...

Great finish ;)

Blu said...

Gorgeous finish! Her dress is so colourful!

Lorrie said...

Really fabulous! I like how you personalized it with buttons from your stash and a charm from your bracelet. Inspiring! Lorrie

Margaret said...

I love your finish! It's just wonderful! Love your stitching projects in general! Your little boy is adorable! Do I detect an Asian mix? I'm partial to such, you know. :D